I was nominated by startwithsparkles a little while ago (thanks heaps!). Any sort of award or recognition is always a nice surprise, especially since this blog is relatively young compared to most people’s.
The basis of this award is simple – write seven facts about yourself, and nominate fifteen people who you think deserve this award. If you want to read up on it some more, click here.
1. I’m currently sitting on my comfy couch in comfy clothes, watching a rerun of Bones (one of my favourite shows ever), loving that it’s a Tuesday but I don’t have work because it’s a public holiday. Yay for getting paid today to do nothing!
2. I hate chores just as much as I did when I was fourteen, and I still avoid them at all costs. Today, I have washed the dishes, mowed the lawn and washed the bedsheets. That is some kind of miracle for me!
3. Today, I placed my first ever order for Lite N Easy. At the moment I’m just doing dinners, and I’ll just eat healthy for breakfast and lunch. I’m surprised by the versatility of the menu options – coming from a fussy eater, that’s a great thing! I’m just hoping the food tastes good and not like frozen dinners usually do.
4. A house is slowly being built next door to mine, and it’s actually quite educational. I’m seeing how an empty lot turns into a house, one step at a time. Given I’m going to be building my own soon, this education is going to come in handy!
5. I’ve only started drinking alcohol within the past year, and I’m only beginning to learn what drinks I do and don’t like. My new current favourite is Strawberry Midori. Mmmm, so good.
6. I can’t even deal with the fact Christmas is a month and a half away. Didn’t 2015 just start?
7. My absolute favourite thing about summer is the smell of BBQs in the evening. It reminds me of childhood, and trips to Bunnings, and all sorts of fun gatherings that I’ve been to which involved standing around (or near) the outdoor cooker. Plus, BBQ’d meat always tastes better than cooking it normally. Always.
My fifteen nominees are:
Mommy Blogger Bliss
Audrey Driscoll’s Blog
Still Chasing Dreams
Time No Matter
Lyrics and Chocolate
Tess Can Do It
Not a Punk Rocker
Banded Carolina Girl
Simple Living Over 50
Dazzling Twilight Firefly
Crazy Phat Mommy
If you’ve got some time to kill, I suggest having a look at these bloggers! 🙂